Monday, October 23, 2006

 

Book Review: The Afghan: Forsyth

This is one book which I had been waiting to lay my hands upon, and I finally did last month at Crossword. For a hefty 250 bucks.

And shooting from the hip, not worth that much. Forsyth is far from his best, and by his best I mean the awe inspiring research and breathtaking pace one sees in Fist of God and Ikon. His research, usually so voluminous, seem threadbare in this book. The plot, too, proceeds at snail's pace for most of the 450 odd pages.

The protagonist is SIS man Major Mike Martin, of the 'Fist of God' fame. He has to pose as an Afghan this time, and infiltrate Al Qaeda top brass. Worry not, I am not spilling any details. So that's the plot outline. The action, too, which is nail biting in many of his books, is laid back and non too exciting.

Summing up, I would give it a 2 and a half star. An average rating may be fine for any book, but I am saddened to hand out a mediocre rating to a Forsyth.

Labels:


Comments:
FF rocks?? i doubt!!
 
You've been tagged!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]