Tuesday, February 27, 2007

 

Book Review: The Kite Runner

Marvellous, poigant, touching....words fail me when it comes to describing the book ( especially since it's less than a day since I read it ! ) But when I finished it at 3 AM last night, I was left with wonderment in my heart...I'm not just saying it to squeeze in fancy adjectives. That is of course a secondary objective, but my primary aim is to exhort you to pick up this masterpiece and I assure you you won't rest in peace until you turn the last page. The picture he paints of Afghanistan, the journey of a boy from riches to rags to riches again, the story of atonement of sins, of making up for a henious crime...enrapturing, captivating... this is my best read in a long time...

Labels:


Comments:
its actually altogether too filmy, i think. not even hollywood style.. apna desi bollywood style... beautifully written, but.
 
Dear readers, you will be pleased to know that your beloved author received worldwide recognition related to the content of this post. He wrote a book review borrowing few words from this very same post and the review was published in the Hindustan Times and won a prestigious prize. The author would like to thank all his numerous readers for their constant support and encouragement.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]