Tuesday, February 19, 2019

 

Digging out full pitched deliveries when playing cricket in America

By 2009, after many hard hours in the cricket pitch, I had perfected the art of taking runs off yorkers. Bowlers would pitch it into the blockhole, and I would successfully pinch a couple or sometimes even a boundary, using my novel methods.

Then in 2010, I went to Manhattan, NYC. I joined a cricket club there, and thought that after proving my mettle in India, the American bowlers would be easy pickings. But guess what- when they dug it into the blockhole- I struggled to get it away! In fact, I was bowled on most occasions when they pitched it there.

You know why? Well, turns out these were not the same old yorkers I had mastered- I was facing New Yorkers.

I was told to consult this magazine called New Yorker, to learn how to cope with this lethal twist to a foe I had earlier outsmarted.

I am happy to report that after my readings of the magazine, and many hours of net practice, I was finally able to crack this puzzle, and was able to score many runs off the New Yorkers. 

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]